Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Doors Flung Open

"Brothers and sisters, do not be afraid to welcome Christ and accept his power ... Open wide the doors for Christ."
-words from Pope John Paul II's installation homily, 22 OCT 78


©"L'Osservatore Romano"
Photo from the book John Paul II: A Light for the World.

I lie prostrate in the dust;
give me life in accord with your word.
I disclosed my ways and you answered me;
teach me your laws.
Make me understand the way of your precepts;
I will ponder your wondrous deeds.
I weep in bitter pain;
in accord with your word to strengthen me.
Lead me from the way of deceit;
favor me with your teaching.
The way of loyalty I have chosen;
I have set your edicts before me.
I cling to your decrees, LORD;
do not let me come to shame.
I will run the way of your commands,
for you open my docile heart.
Psalm 119:25-32
(Scripture requested by His Holiness as he lay dying on the morning of April 1)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home