Sunday, April 16, 2006

Good Advice

... was given to Sister Joan Chittister this morning on NBC's Meet the Press, by Father Richard John Neuhaus. (For those keeping score, she's one of the bad guys, he's one of the good guys.)

The advice? I quote: "Consult your catechism!"

Good advice, considering she'd just encouraged "open-mindedness" about the "answers" to the abortion "question."

I'll have more to say about this crazy religious roundtable later on, esp. after I'm able to consult a transcript just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

And for those of you who care, some reflections on this glorious transition of season will be forthcoming. For the time being, though, I'll be enjoying the holiday with family and friends.

God bless and happy Easter!

Christus resurrexit! Alleluia!

Disclaimer: It is, of course, with tongue in cheek that I above applied the labels "bad guy" and "good guy" to a dissenting and an orthodox theologian respectively. I'll have more to say about this notion of equivalence, too, in my later post...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Joe G.!!!
I ran across this somewhere, although I don't remember the author, "While nature seems to evolve through natural selection, it is only the environment of true love in which humans change for the better." That came to mind while reading your 'tongue in cheek' comment. Of course, the truth and true love are one in the same Jesus Christ. Looking forward to your further postings. The peace of the Resurrected Lord be yours. -- Ged.

4/16/06, 2:58 PM  
Blogger Kathy O'Leary said...

I saw the program too and Father Neuhaus also said that it is ok to disagree with the bishops on how to best go about ending the practice of abortion as long as you agree that it is a practice that should end. I don't recall Sr. Joan saying that we should not work to end the practice of abortion. I have a link to the webcast. I will have to watch it again to see if she did. By the way why are you calling Sr. Joan the "bad guy" and Father Neuhaus the "good guy"? I have seen the reverse said on other blogs and I found what they both had to say refreshing and enlightening. But I have to say that I don't know all that much about either of them. My favortie panelist was Rabbi Lerner.

4/19/06, 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home