Thursday, June 08, 2006

Book Club - Attempt #2

Sorry about my tardiness in the posting of this announcement. My fledgling Book Club is working on our second novel right now, G.K. Chesterton's The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare. The first deadline for the first two chapters of the work is... tomorrow. Like I said, sorry about the short notice. But still, anyone who would like to participate is more than welcome to post comments and engage in whatever online discussion may ensue. I'm hoping that we have a bit more active of a debate than with our last effort.

No particular version of the text is required, although I recommend the annotated one by Martin Gardner, available from Ignatius Press.

Happy reading! Deadlines will not be scheduled ahead of time, but simply updated as we progress.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Deacon Bill Burns said...

I only wish I had time to participate. However, I have a very large chunk of Jaroslav Pelikan in my future.

6/12/06, 5:45 PM  
Blogger matthew pierre said...

hey joey, i hope some day i would participate but i just finished reading what i consider the best Christian novel about jesus ever written - "the Dolorous passion of our lord jesus christ" and I am moving on to read "to the priest our lady's beloved sons" and "The Mystical City of God", another two must read books. It would take me like 6 months to finish off the both books. I hope some day i can participate!

6/13/06, 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home