Sunday, January 02, 2005

Philsopher Quiz Thing

I came accross an interesting little gadget online that ranks on a curve an individual's proclivity towards given types of ethical philosophies. All of this based on 10 questions, or so... Yes, I agree, it's idiotic, but entertaining nonetheless.

1. St. Augustine - 100%
2. Ockham - 75%
3. Aquinas - 71%
4. Kant - 63%
5. Spinoza - 55%
6. Cynics - 45%
7. Ayn Rand - 43%
8. Jean-Paul Sartre - 37%
9. Jeremy Bentham - 35%
10. Aristotle - 33%
11. John Stuart Mill - 33%
12. Prescriptivism - 33%
13. Stoics - 31%
14. Nietzsche - 25%
15. Nel Noddings - 25%
16. David Hume - 23%
17. Plato - 22%
18. Epicureans - 15%
19. Thomas Hobbes - 0%

Click here to take this quiz yourself.

I thought that Aquinas and Plato would have been closer. I personally see a little more overlap than a meagre 22%, but no matter. Enjoy!

And speaking of curves and philosophy... I got my grades yesterday. I guess I'm altogether pleased.

Logic: A+
Latin: A+
Survey of American Literature: A+
The Writing of Graham Greene: A
Psychology of Human Development: B

Consequently, there's no difference between an A and an A+, and both translate as the same GPA, so I don't know why they bother. Thank God I'm done with psychology. And that Latin grade comes very little from my own merit and more from the intercession of Sts. Jean-Marie Vianney and Thomas Aquinas. (And uncanonized though he may be, I think Tertullian helped, too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home