Saturday, December 31, 2005

Change of plans

Well, I had good intentions... but my father took over the kitchen to create one of his culinary masterpieces, so my Turkish Delight isn't going to happen.

But that's ok... because I have some uisce beatha (gailic for "water of life," a.k.a. whiskey)and a sniffer with which to ring in the New Year, so I probably won't even know what the hell Turkish Delight is come 2006. It's Connemara 12, which I'm inclined to make the official drink of my Book Club.

Cheers! Happy New Year, everyone! Ad multos annos!

UPDATE

I'm too lazy to think of anything original... but, my post from last year on this occassion was one of which I was somewhat proud. Even though there's a lot I'd do to change it, in retrospect. Ah, the curse of being a writer. Anyway, if you're bored, go read a little something about Mary.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the spelling of the glass that holds brandy is snifter... look at this website for proof...
http://www.webtender.com/db/glass/14

1/5/06, 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home