Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ite ad Joseph

I'm more inclined to say "ad Josephum." Can a latinist out there explain to me why this is always the traditional way of doing it? Proper names always confuse me.

And now the point. Beginning either the 22nd or the 23rd (depending on whether you do novenas as a vigil, or end of the feast-day), you may want to say a Novena to Saint Joseph. His second feast is coming up, and I'm continuing my crusade to garner more devotion for my awesome patron. Also, it's fitting to pray to Saint Joseph the worker, who is also a patron of travellers and immigrants, during this whole immigration debate.

I found a pretty cool site from TAN books with some prayers that may be helpful. Like most of TAN's publications, it's great content in a really bland and crappy format. Check it out.

Also, beginning on the feast day, I (hopefully) will be posting a series of reflections that I've been working on, regarding devotion to Saint Joseph. So stay tuned for that.

And... this summer, a few friends and I (hopefully) will be taking a few days of pilgrimage to visit some Saint Joseph shrines. The focal point will be the Oratoire Saint-Joseph du Mont-Royal, which is Canadian for Oratory of Saint Joseph, Montreal. Following a couple days up thereabouts (where I hear there are some other religious attractions), we're going to drive down through New England. I plan to stop at the Saint Joseph the Worker Shrine in Lowell, MA. We'll eat seafood, too. These, however, are the extent of our plans so far. If anyone knows of any other Saint Joseph related attractions in the Northeast, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home